Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Oscar Part 2 - Then the Rains Came

All this time there was peace in your arms and I did not have to write here....then, the Rains Came...


Do you want to know what I've been doing?  Just watching it RAIN and trying to stay warm during the last ten straight, awful, miserable days!  

Why did you leave!  I'm convinced it's your fault the rain started.  It is nearly too much.  I thought you LOVED me!  Is this any way to prove it?

Do you have any idea what "cabin fever is"?  Well, I will tell you what it is.  It's being cooped up inside every minute and having to listen to that incessant rain pelting the balcony.  My balcony that once was host to my soft little footsteps.  it has been torture for one so adventurous as I am!  And it almost came into the house, it stayed so high all the time on Milo's balcony!

Keeper Improving

You remember that lady you left me with over Christmas?  Well it was a surprise to have her come to our house and stay overnight the day before you cluttered my living room with all that luggage and wouldn't let me sit in it and rearrange stuff. 

She didn't really bother me that first night, but when you and Miglio left the next day, I was beside myself with worry!  

But you made me so happy sneaking back home that same night at midnight!  It was wonderful having you sleep in Miglio's bed where there was plenty of room for me to cuddle next to you. 

But, then you left again.  It all was very stressful and confusing for me.  But my food bowl stayed full, so that was the most important part of the adventure for me.
 
She walked up the stairs that night and I reminded her how swift and sneaky I can be.  I tried to get away that first night, but she caught me.  She thought she could sneak in on ME.  I thought it was you and my wonderful Miglio home again!  What a surprising disappointment.

The next morning she fixed me my breakfast BEFORE she made her cup of tea, so I knew she had remembered the priorities of keeping me happy.  I ate and mewed and jumped on the counter.  I knew she would not shoo me off as she doesn't know what you do with me sometimes.  But then she left me that day.

Two more days she left me all alone during the day and I made her pay dearly when she got home.  She had to hold me in her lap and pet me non-stop and couldn't knit or figure out the TV (she has it down pat now).  


Then it was those quiet two days when even you used to be here with me.  I believe you call it the weekend.  But on Sunday, it started to rain.  As she said, bucketing down and I'm unsure of the technicality of that, but it sure was noisy!

It kept raining.  The next morning it was raining and she stayed home!  It rained all day.  It rained through the night and it was cold and you know that sort of wet air feeling everywhere -- it started feeling like that. 

The patio was flooding and she was out there with the push broom sloshing it off the balcony at regular intervals.  I was not tempted to sneak onto the balcony though as I am no fool and I couldn't find my boots!


The next day it rained and the next and ...well you get the picture.  She vacuumed the floors, washed dishes, kept mopping up the counter every time I got up there.  She polished stuff and filled that strange machine in that little room with clothes and towels (the one that is off limits to me.  

I did sneak in once but she caught me.  And best of all, she set up that strange contraption in front of the heat and I proudly sat on the top of her clean clothes and swayed back and forth and thought of Milo in his hammock.  What bliss. 
By the way, how is Milo?

Earnest Hemingway

Then, it just kept raining.  Every day it rained.  All day and heavy bucketing down rain.

You know I have limited patience with inconveniences.  But in my agitation I began doing some research on the survival rate of cats in heavy rain.  Do you know what I discovered?  Well I will tell you anyway.  

Earnest Hemingway who spoke of an old man in the sea or something like that, also wrote this neat story about a cat in the rain.  In my humble opinion, if you think the rain was boring, so is this, but perhaps there's a hidden meaning just out of paw reach - but there is a cat!



The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

Well actually it came out YESTERDAY!  It was glorious and she went for a walk and I think we will make it now.  But just so you know, I miss you and Miglio anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment