Thursday, July 25, 2013

SUNSHINE FREEDOM!


I slept in the warming sunshine most of the morning. When I awoke it was apparent that I was starving.  She was standing there watching me while she got a cup of tea.  I checked to see if my regular Friskies nibbles were now in my bowl -- and can report that she did a careful job of cleaning out those offensive nibbles for me and refilling my bowl properly.


I ate delicately, nevertheless -- just in case.  And felt better for it.  A couple of hours later ate more.  It felt good to crunch those tasty little bits.  Reminds me of stories my dad told me of crunching mouse bones.  Yum.

Feeling better I began my regular exercise routine a bit late.  She does love playing hide-and-seek and chase with me.  I enjoy watching her try to catch me and find places to hide that I can't find....as IF.  

It's very amusing as she is obviously too big to run behind the sofas in the living room and in the study.  She is always frustrated and stamps her feet at me.  As if I am going to fall for THAT old trick!

Once I had run her off her feet and could hear her puffing a bit so I sat back down in the sun and soaked it up in victory.  Then I heard something special!  The door to Miglio's little room opened.  You know the one that looks like it is not there but really is and that I love to press my nose up against.  

She opened it.  Trust me it has been up to my elbows out there with water until today.
 
Then she started one of those pointless conversations with me again about her fear of opening the screen door and letting me go out on my favourite patio.  

"For goodness sake, girl", I mewed to her, "I am not stupid enough to jump down three stories, so open the screen for me!  That's an order!"

Well she hesitated and I put my claws in that screen to let her know I would open it myself if necessary.  She relented and I was so surprised.  I just stood there and looked out.  The air smelled so sweet I almost hugged myself. 

She chattered away behind me, expressing her fears and begging me to behave and not to fall down.  She really is a worrier sometimes.  And then she did something I did not expect.  

As I sat there transfixed by just the thought of walking out onto my patio, she left me completely alone -- mumbling that she thought it better to just trust me and Whoever was watching out for me -- and leave me in peace.  Now that IS wisdom. 

But I know she peeked to see what I would do.  So I hesitated and just sat inside the door until I thought she would run out of patience and walked carefully out onto the patio.  It was still a little wet in places, but I loved the feeling of the FREEDOM.  I jumped onto the ledge and just sat with my back to the sun, smiling and smiling.  I do love my balcony.

After a few hours I sauntered in to where she was still tapping away and let her know I could come in and out as I pleased.  But she chattered on to me about some inconclusive research she'd been preoccupied with about whether cats jump or fall off balconies and how she just hoped I was mature enough to realise that it was a far jump, even for one so capable as I am. 

But it was growing cooler and she said I had had enough fresh air for the day and closed the screen door and the sliding invisible (glass) door on me and locked it!  So my freedom was taken again, but I know she will let me out now because she knows I will not jump in my desire to find you. 


Oh speaking of that, have I told you today how much I miss you.  Despite her best efforts, she is not you and she is not Miglio.  Please give each other a hug for me and let me know when you will come home again.  I need one of your world-famous scritches! 


No comments:

Post a Comment